Good Counsel provides supportive residential care and community-based services for homeless mothers and their children. The program includes:
- Good Counsel Helpline (800-723-8331 or help@goodcounselhomes) –24/7 support for new and expectant mothers who need help or simply would like to discuss their concerns
- Homes — residences that provide homeless mothers and their children with a private room and a family living environment with nursery, computer-equipped study, dining, living and recreation rooms common to all
- Life Skills — a program in each home that offers lessons in nutrition, prenatal care, parenting, financial literacy, career planning, health and AIDs education, chastity, social skills, and more
- Health Services at appropriate nearby medical facilities
- Vocational /Educational Services
- Spiritual Care -- each home has its own chapel
- Exodus — supports Good Counsel mothers in their transition to independent living through help with paying the rent and securing furniture, and clothing, and advocacy in court and the social service system, if necessary.
You can find out more by visiting www.goodcounselhomes.org
Like any home, it takes a lot of helping hands to keep Rockland’s Cardinal Cooke home up and running for the moms and babies. To see how you can help, please click here for their Wish List.