No surprise. Even in New York, 80% oppose unlimited abortion through the ninth month of pregnancy, and 75% oppose changes in the current law that will allow non-doctors to perform abortions, according to a statewide survey.
In the proposed “Reproductive Health Act,” Gov. Cuomo and his allies in the abortion lobby go far beyond the sensible restrictions on abortion most New Yorkers support. Click here to read about the survey, which the Chiaroscuro Foundation released today on the steps of New York City Hall.
The Reproductive Health Act would, among other things:
- Allow non-physicians to perform abortions;
- Remove criminal penalties even from unlawful abortions;
- Prevent an unborn child who is the intended victim of a crime from being recognized as a victim;
- Prevent any limitation on use of taxpayer funds to curtail New York’s Medicaid policy of paying for abortion-on-demand through all nine months of pregnancy;
- Deceitfully redefine pregnancy as beginning at implantation – not fertilization;
- Falsely redefine fetal (child) viability and
- Unleash new assaults on the consciences of those who oppose participating in abortion – health care professionals, hospitals, hospital residents, and health insurance providers.