On Thursday, Oct. 13, the House of Representatives is expected to vote on a bill that would prohibit all abortion funding in the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the national health care plan known as Obamacare.
It’s essential that we contact our representatives in Washington and ask them to support this bill. The message: Please support the Protect Life Act.
The Protect Life Act (H.R. 358) specifies:
- No ACA funds may be used to pay for abortions or abortion insurance.
- Private insurance companies may not be forced to cover abortion.
- Any private insurance companies that offer elective abortion must also offer an identical plan that does not cover abortion.
- Individuals who want to buy a plan that offers elective abortion coverage must pay for that part of the premium with their own money.
- Any state or local government that receives funds from the ACA cannot require any healthcare institution or individual to perform abortions, undergo abortion training, or provide abortion referrals.
The three Rockland Representatives who will be voting on this bill are:
(17th Congressional District: all or Orangetown, all of Ramapo and 37 districts in Clarkstown)
Phone 202-225-2464 or click here to email.
(18th Congressional District: 40 districts in Clarkstown, 17 districts in Haverstraw, and part of Orange County)
Phone 202-225-6506 or click here to email.
(19th Congressional District: all of Stony Point, 11 districts in Haverstraw, and part of Orange County)
Phone 202-225-5441 or click here to email.
The message: Please VOTE FOR H.R. 358, the Protect Life Act.